Álvaro Caviedes Barahona
Alvaro practice covers corporate, telecommunications, finance, M&A, integral assistance to businesses, corporate governance, project finance, debt and capital issues.
- Chief Legal Officer (2005 – 2013), CEO (2014) and board member (2008 – 2017) of the Copesa Group.
- Legal Advisor to the Saieh Group (2005 – present).
- President of the National Press Association (2010 – 2014).
- Vice-President of the National Press Association (2014 – present).
- Council Member of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce (2012 – present).
- Chairman of the Labor Committee of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce (2018 – present).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Inter-American Press Association.
- Vice-Chairman of the Committee on the Freedom of the Press and Information (IAPA) (2015 – present).
- President of the Social Communication Media Federation of Chile (2013).
- Board member of several companies.
- Professor of Commercial Law, University of the Andes Law School, Chile (1997 – 2011).
- Professor of Information Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile Law School (2012).
- Member of the Executive Board and Professor in the Master in Business Law Program at Universidad de Los Andes (1998 – 2010).
- Law Degree, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law. Admitted in 1995.
- LL.M., University of Chicago, U.S.A. (1997).