A new internal webinar was held by JDF Abogados. This time our associate Martín Esser explained the scope and changes that have been introduced to date to the Water Code Reform Bill (Bulletin No. 7.543-12).
Among the main reforms to the legal water regime, Martin Esser, detailed the following:
– Redefinition of the concept of water use rights (from a perpetual to a temporary conception, with a focus on prioritization of the resource).
– Causes for extinction and expiration of water use rights.
– Strengthening of water management and its financing (strategic plans for water resources in basins and R&D fund).
– Changes to the regulations on patents for non-use of water use rights (increase in the multiplication factor to determine the amount of such patent and some changes in the collection process).
– Status of water use rights already granted and those not yet regularized.
If you require additional information on this matter, please contact Martín Esser (email@example.com).